I recently decided to write a screenplay and need some help figuring out the formatting and other technical details. It had been a few months since I had visited my local library, so I decided to drop by and check out a few books and a DVD:
- Aristotle’s Poetics for Screenwriters: Storytelling Secrets From the Greatest Mind in Western Civilization
- Screenwriting for Dummies
- Syd Field’s Screenwriting Workshop
- Teach Yourself Screenwriting, Third Edition
- Writing a Great Movie: Key Tools for Successful Screenwriting
I just got the books home; I have the books for 3 weeks and the DVD for one week. I’ll try to remember to post again if any of the resources listed above were especially helpful.
If you have any books or videos you’d recommend for an aspiring screenwriter (especially resources that cover technical details like formatting), please leave a comment with your recommendation.